Monday, September 10, 2012

Louisiana part two, portraits.

One of the main purposes of my desire to visit Louisiana was to meet family that I either hadn't seen since I was a child, or had never met. We had a wonderful visit! My dad (as usual of course) brought his cello and played for our aunts and cousins, which really delighted everyone. Its so interesting to me the deep connection that family heritage brings among people who are almost strangers; I feel so fortunate to have had to opportunity to get to know my cajun family. 

















1 comment:

  1. Hi Alyce,

    I am part of your Cajun family and I absolutely love the photos. My grandma is in the first few and the second one of her might be my favorite picture I've ever seen of her. My dad is the one with the guitar and well, I think he's so cute and couldn't take a bad picture if he tried. You are very talented in your gift to capture something deeper than the obvious. I really enjoyed the photos. Thanks for sharing.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete